Adam Pearce, CFP®
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Professional
My life story shaped who I am as an Advisor. These are my experiences.
I started in 1997 and saw the best of the markets of the 90s then the worst in the 2000s.
I failed a client for the first time in 2001 and swore I would never let that happen again. I believe I have not failed a client since.
My father died and had a last talk with me asking me to take over the family's and my Mother's finances.
We welcomed a new family member when my son Jacob was born and I began stewarding his financial future and learning he was special needs (ASD).
I survived endocarditis and open-heart surgery at age 46.
During the Coronavirus pandemic I lead my clients, office, and family, all who have at risk members.
These experiences taught me what my clients go through from losing loved ones, celebrating births and milestones, and all the trials and tribulations in between.
My father was an Engineer with multiple patents and pioneered the microchip back in the 70's with Western Electric, Bell Labs, AT&T, and Lucent. I was the (annoying) kid who given a toy would pull it apart to see how it works.
Suspected of ADHD, as an adult, I read the book Driven to Distraction by Ed Hallowell and my life made more sense. I never took medication, instead controlling it with coping strategies. Then I discovered this condition was not a curse but a blessing. I had the ability to do what the book described as "hyper-focus". I used the ability to excel and climb in my career. Finding strength in weaknesses and learning to cope were life changing break throughs.
I passed the CFP boards in 2007 while soaking up every bit of knowledge of financial planning along the way. I became obsessed with how markets work, and like that child with a toy, had to know what made them tick. I started with a simple question "If I am going to work in my client's best interest how do I know what the best is?" Until one day after countless hours and years of research and reading I felt I got to the top of the mountain, it all made sense.
I use these abilities for my clients. I love solving puzzles and challenges, figuring out how to "crack the code". I see each new client's financial picture as a new puzzle to solve. Drawing on all these experiences, knowledge, and ability to hyper-focus, I want to "crack that code" for you.
I have a simple principle that guides me, I treat my clients’ money as if it were my own.
My wife Jewel attended the University of AZ attaining MCB, Bio-Chemistry and Spanish degrees. She worked in early childhood education and retired to care for our special needs son.
I am involved in my neighborhood, attend CCV on weekends, and volunteer for Hustle PHX providing biz mentorships for underserved communities. I am a past President of my industry group NTSA of the American Retirement Association located in Washington, DC. In my spare time I enjoy golf, reading, cooking, running, cycling, traveling and the outdoors.
- 2016 NTSA Elite Advisor Award in recognition of outstanding achievements as an advisor in the 403b community*
- 2014 - 2017 Member of The Legend Group’s Advisors' Council
- Passed the comprehensive board exams, background check and experience requirements to earn the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification in April of 2010
- College for Financial Planning, 2007
- Graduated from Indiana University of PA, 1997
- 25 years of experience, specializing in retirement plans since 1997
- Retirement Assessments for ages 50+ who are within five years of retiring
- Retiring educators and public employees – ASRS, PSPRS
- Investing with index funds
* The NTSA Elite Advisor Award is an annual member recognition program that has been established to honor advisors who have helped shape best practices in serving clients in the 403(b) and/or 457 retirement industry, as well as to acknowledge their specific accomplishments and/or contributions. The NTSA Elite Advisor Award recognizes the very best advisor members of NTSA who have done the most to help individual plan participants accumulate assets for retirement. The focus is on advisor best practices for advocacy, leadership, practice management and legacy within the 403(b) and/or 457 retirement industry, directly impacting the ability for Americans to build a successful retirement, especially through retirement plans. In addition, the NTSA Elite Advisor Award proclaims to the industry, to the federal, state and local legislatures, and to the public that the NTSA and its advisors, as trained, experienced professionals, are critical to helping Americans in the non-profit sector achieve individual retirement security
The Lincoln Investment family of companies nor any of its representatives is affiliated with the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) and Public Safety Personnel Retirement System (PSPRS); and ASRS and PSPRS do not sponsor, authorize or endorse the retirement educational services described in this or other communications of Lincoln Investment